Most of us have noticed that listening to certain sounds, music or a voice can be very soothing and relaxing. Each of us is different and has different taste. We would have to find out what type of music or sound relaxes us individually.
In fact, I wrote this piece while listening to 30 minutes bird sounds playing on a YouTube video. It was relaxing and tingling to my soul and spine. It felt like I am in the middle of a sanctuary or forest full of birds. I felt happy, relaxed and calm. While listening to bird sounds and songs my uneasiness and mental turbulence slowly calmed down.
Make your list of sounds that you find relaxing. Below are of some of the examples of sound or music people find relaxing
1. Listen to soothing music that you find relaxing like classic music, opera, jazz or country music
2. Listen to relaxing music without a background voice
3. Listen to recording of bird sounds or wildlife for few minutes
4. Listen to sound of running water at your home
5. Listen to sound of a stream or a fountain
6. Listen to a relaxing audiobook
7. Listen to a soft and relaxing voice on the TV.
8. Visit a local park or a forest to hear to various sounds of nature or wildlife
Bird sounds and chirping that I found soothing
Mindfulness has been a part of eastern culture including Buddhism, Hinduism and Islam for centuries. It is well documented in their traditional scriptures. These exercise can be found in most of the books or material on mindfulness. More recently Mindfulness has been found helpful in dealing with stress, anxiety, negative emotions, low mood, pain tolerance and insomnia. We will be regularly uploading various mindfulness exercises here. Keep checking this page regularly.