We all can at times feel ungrateful for the things we possess. We lose the sense of appreciation for our blessings and dwell on things we don't have. This can create a feeling of dissatisfaction and unhappiness.
We all should practice regularly creating a sense of gratitude about our blessings.
1. Sit in a quiet place where you won't be disturbed for few minutes by anyone.
2. Make a list of things you don't have. Also, make a list of 10-15 things you have.
3. sit in a quiet place and reflect on each of the things you have and create a sense of gratitude and appreciation for each of these things.
4. If you have a place to live, create a sense of gratitude for having it. If you have a car, be grateful for having a car. If you have a job, be grateful. If you have a supportive partner, appreciate and create a sense of gratitude. If you are in good health, be grateful. If you have healthy children, be grateful.
5. Go through the whole list of 10-15 things you should be grateful for and create a sense of gratitude for possessing them. Thank God, the world, higher power, yourself and destiny for giving you these things.
6. Practice regularly this exercise of creating a sense of gratitude for your blessings.
7. Stay grateful and mindfulness of your blessings.
8. This exercise will create a sense of happiness and contentment in the long run.
Mindfulness has been a part of eastern culture including Buddhism, Hinduism and Islam for centuries. It is well documented in their traditional scriptures. These exercise can be found in most of the books or material on mindfulness. More recently Mindfulness has been found helpful in dealing with stress, anxiety, negative emotions, low mood, pain tolerance and insomnia. We will be regularly uploading various mindfulness exercises here. Keep checking this page regularly.